I’ve just read an article in the Huffington Post called, 18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently. Scott Kaufman at New York University has researched creativity and has identified 18 behaviours that seem to be more prevalent in artists.
Go in to the article to read more about it, but I wanted to list the 18 traits here so that you can run down them and see how many you tick.
The 18 Behaviours Of Highly Creative People
- They daydream
- They observe everything
- They work the hours that work for them
- They take time for solitude
- They turn life’s obstacles around
- They seek out new experiences
- They have a healthy attitude to failing
- They ask the big questions
- They people watch
- They take risks
- They view all of life as an opportunity for self-expression
- They follow their true passions
- They get out of their own heads
- They lose track of the time
- They surround themselves with beauty
- They connect the dots
- They constantly shake things up
- They make time for mindfulness
So, how many of these make sense to you?
Until next time…